- Understand the need to plan and organise site operations to avoid ‘close working’ and maintain social distance, or reduce risk where this is not possible
- Develop a hierarchy controls on site to manage operative use of PPE
- Recognise when RPE is required and when it is not appropriate mitigation, at which point other controls should be put into effect
- Identify safety measures relating to travelling to and from work as well as parking facilities
- What to do when someone is taken ill on site
- Identify safety measures relating to driving on site
- Recognise the COVID-19 safety measures required with regard to site access and egress
- Identify the appropriate welfare facilities that should be available on site
- Recognise the measures which should be implemented in canteen areas for sufficient segregation
- Determine the need and site locations for hand sanatising stations
- Choosing the appropriate signage for your site
- Includes ‘Training Knowledge’ test for successful completion
Operating A Safe Site During COVID-19
BSG’s course, ‘Operating a safe site during COVID-19’, has been developed in response to our members, who have asked for a clear and definitive guide on how to make sites ‘COVID-19 Secure’ during these difficult times.
This half day remote training session will cover all the prerequisite steps which should be followed, to ensure you are conducting best practice on site to reduce the risk of infection.
Click on the ‘Remote Learning’ link below for course dates and fees.
Key course components: what you will learn
BSG member COVID-19 cases studies
BSG’s course will also include live working examples of members that have successfully adopted new and effective working practices on site in light of the pandemic. In addition, your BSG trainer will provide delegates with a demonstration of how to access and make use the COVID-19 section on the BSG Hub, so they can keep up to date with the latest government, CLC and general industry advice and guidelines.
Need a course at your company?
If you have a group of 6 or more employees requiring training, we can run a Operating a safe site during COVID-19 course on a private basis, at a venue of your choice on a date that suits you. We can tailor the course to meet your needs and requirements. Contact us to find out more and get a bespoke quote.
Why choose BSG to run this course?
BSG has extensive experience and knowledge of how to best manage health and safety on construction sites. We carry out in excess of 21,000 site inspections every year for small, medium and large companies working across a variety of construction sectors.
Since the pandemic began, our safety advisers have been working closely with our members to reduce the number of COVID-19 breaches on sites to help avoid the widespread of Coronavirus within the business.