- On successful completion the student will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the following:
- The history of asbestos and asbestos regulations
- The properties and types of asbestos and where they may occur
- Health concerns and the increased risks to smokers
- General procedures to deal with an emergency release of fibres.
- How to avoid risks from asbestos
- Operations likely to disturb asbestos
- The risk assessment process
- Safe Working practices, control measures and the use of protective equipment.
- Reporting procedures
- Selection of correct RPE and PPE, and correct fitting and use including face fitting of masks.
- Hygiene and decontamination procedures and disposal
IATP Non-Licensed Asbestos Work
BSG is a registered member of IATP (Independent Asbestos Training Providers). This is a one-day course for operatives who work in construction activities where their work will knowingly disturb ACM’s (such as maintenance workers, and their supervisors).
The course covers a brief historical overview of the product, health concerns and statistics, recognition, safe working methods, legal requirements and disposal.
It provides attendees with information on how to carry out non-licensed Asbestos removal works in accordance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
Click on the ‘Classroom’ link below for course dates and fees.
What will you learn?
If you have a group of 6 or more employees requiring training, we can run a Non-Licensed Asbestos Work course on a private basis, at a venue of your choice on a date that suits you. We can tailor the course to meet your needs and requirements.
Group booking rates (per one day course)
Course Fees 2024
At BSG Training Centre:
- BSG Members – £745+VAT
- Non-Members – £885+VAT
At your premises:
- *BSG Members – £600+VAT*
- *Non-Members – £715+VAT*
Plus mileage and overnight accommodation if necessary*. Max. 10 delegates per course.
Our IATP Non-Licensed Asbestos Work courses are held at our training centre in Bristol BS35 3QH.
We can run this course at your organisation
If you have a group of 6 or more employees requiring training, we can run this course on a private basis, at a venue of your choice on a date that suits you. We can tailor the course to meet your needs and requirements. Contact us to find out more and get a bespoke quote.
20% discount for BSG members on all courses
We offer a range of membership packages to suit your business needs so why not become a member today.