This industry recognised course is ideal for companies which need to meet the ever increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety on site. The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The Building Safety Group is an accredited and leading training provider of the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
You can call our team on 0300 304 9080 for more information regarding our on-site and online CITB training courses.
Click on the ‘Classroom’ links below for course dates and fees.
Who is it for?
Why this course?
This course aims to assist site managers, agents and supervisors to manage health and safety on site in accordance with the current legal provisions and within the context of their management or supervisory role. By completing this course you will be able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- Develop their skills in assessment, planning and implementation of safe systems and methods in the work place
- Provide examples and opportunities to study and analyse health, safety and welfare practices and procedures
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Download our factsheet to find out more and view the course programme.
SMSTS certification is valid for 5 years; although it is recommended by the CITB that the 2 day refresher course is taken every 3 years to cover legislation changes. CITB grants are available for businesses in scope.