The course is for those who have just entered the industry and as a refresher for longer serving employees, and also for those who are about to do their Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test.
CITB Health and Safety Awareness
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities, what the employers and employees duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
You can call our team on 0300 304 9080 for more information regarding our on-site and online CITB training courses.
Click on the ‘Classroom’ or ‘Remote Learning’ links below for course dates and fees.
Who is it for?
What will you learn?
The aim of the course is to help delegates to understand their individual responsibilities and what is expected of them and to ensure they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
By attending and completing this course you will:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Be able to identify how your role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessment and method statement
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if unsure.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Construction Skills Site Safety Plus certificate and after further experience can go on to complete the 2 day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course designed for site supervisors.